After-Hours Emergency Care
- Animal Emergency Clinic of the Fraser Valley – (604) 514-1711
- Vancouver Animal Emergency Clinic – (604) 734-5104
- Mainland Animal Emergency Clinic – (604) 588-4000
Veterinary Professional Bodies / Associations
- American Animal Hospital Association – A non-profit organization for companion animal veterinarians established in 1933. The association develops benchmarks of excellence, business practice standards, publications and educational programs. Over 3,300 veterinary practices in Canada and the US are accredited.
- College of Veterinarians of British Columbia – The statutory body created to serve the interests of the public and animals through the regulation and advancement of the veterinary profession in BC.
- Canadian Veterinary Medical Association – The national voice of the veterinary profession, promoting public awareness of the contribution of animals and veterinarians to society.
- American Veterinary Medical Association – The AVMA was established in 1863 and acts as a collective voice for veterinarians and the profession in North America.
- American Association of Feline Practioners – Veterinary professionals passionate about the care of cats.
- Centres for Disease Control – Information about contagious diseases that afflict our companion animals and the risk of zoonoses to people.
- Companion Animal Parasite Council – Information on internal and external parasites that threaten the health of pets and people.
- Healthy Pets – An easy to read resource for pet owners on common ailments and conditions, and behavioural and other issues relevant to dog and cat owners.
- Dental Care Videos – Dr. Brook Niemiec’s website features videos about dental care.
- Dentalvet.com – Dr. Jan Bellow’s website with photos and articles about preventing periodontal disease and includes a step-by-step guide to brushing a dog’s teeth.
- Anesthesia-Free Dentistry – This article discusses the difference between cleaning your pet’s teeth above versus below the gum lines.
- Dogs In Motion – Information on motion sickness and tips to help prevent.
- Pets Matter – A bimonthly newsletter written and designed by AAHA for you.
- Veterinary Oral Health Council – explains what periodontal (dental) disease is, with a list of VOHC-accepted products.
Feline Friendly Links
- CATalyst Council – Videos to help with veterinary visits with your cat and other valuable information for cat owners.
- The Indoor Pet Initiative – Helpful tips on caring for your indoor cat. This site has a lot of valuable informtation.
- Partners in Animal Health – A large collection of resources for pet owners ranging from how to videos to specific disease conditions.
- SureFlap – For your indoor/outdoor feline friends. The flap recognises the ID chip implanted in your cat, allowing access to your pet and not any unwanted visitors.
- Paws to Remember
- Until We Meet Again
- Argus Institute
- OVC Pet Loss Support Hotline
- AVMA – Pet euthanasia
- Raw Pet Foods and the AVMA’s Policy: FAQ
- World Small Animal Veterinary Association nutrition guidelines
We carry the following veterinary diets:
Pet Insurance Coverage
- Pets Plus Us – Offers multiple levels of coverage from accident to illness.
- Petsecure Pet Health Insurance
- Trupanion Vet Insurance
- Pet Insurance Review – An independent website comparing pet medical insurance providers.
- BC SPCA– The British Columbia Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.
- SARC – The Surrey Animal Resource Centre.
- DCAS – The Delta Community Animal Shelter.
- OWL – Orphaned Wildlife Rehabilitation Society